An insightful and deeply enveloping dining experience, the Laos Cooking class by Sofitel Luang Prabang is a four-course exploration into one of the most important aspects of Laotian culture. Led by our talented chefs, who have cultivated their deep understanding of Laos cuisine. As well as the rich culture that gave birth to it, you will be offered a masterfully designed crash course to cover the essentials of traditional Laos cooking.
JOIN GROUP – Start at 10.00 am (4.30 hours)
USD 85 per person
PRIVATE GROUP (INCLUDING MORNING MARKET TOUR) – Start at 08.00 am (4.30 hours)
USD 150 per person
PRIVATE GROUP AT KUANG SI WATERFALL – Start at 10.00 am (4 hours)
USD 230 per person
– Fresh Spring Rolls: Fresh Vegetables Wrapped In Rice Paper
– Chicken Curry: Lao Traditional Chicken Curry
– Oua Si-Khai: Seasonal Minced Pork Stuffed In Lemongrass
– Mok-Hed: Steamed Wild Mushroom In Banana Leaf
*Half-day class: 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM followed by lunch including soft drinks
Please book 48 hours in advance
The cooking session begins with a sunrise group visit to the vibrant Luang Prabang market. Immerse yourself with the bustling morning crowds, sights and scents of locally sourced food, presented by the colorful vendors of Lao people.
Your Laos Cooking Class experience will stay with you with an official cooking class completion certificate accompanied by a recipe book that contains easy instructions for all your favorite dishes. Our Laos Cooking Class at Sofitel Luang Prabang provides both cultural context and hands-on experience. This allows you to effortlessly recreate your time in Laos within the comfort of your home.
We are delighted to accommodate children over the age of 6 to join you on this creatively stimulating and endlessly fun way to understand Laos. Please let us know regarding any and all young additions and we will make your family visit to Luang Prabang truly memorable.
Uncover the essence of Luang Prabang through an immersive and experiential journey. Choose from our selection of exquisite rooms within a tranquil French colonial-style retreat. Reserve your stay at Sofitel Luang Prabang for an unforgettable experience.
Terms & Conditions:
(1) Up to 5 days prior to the commencement of the experience, any cancellation or changes will be at no cost to the guest and the deposit is refundable.
(2) Should the cancellation be less than 3 days prior to the commencement of the tour, the 50% charge will be non-refundable.
(3) Should the cancellation be less than 2 days prior to the commencement of the tour, the 100% charge will be non-refundable.